Sunday, November 27, 2016

December 2016 Update

It's been a tough year and a half. I nearly gave up, many times. I spent all of 2015 trying to recover from the illness that put me in the hospital. It was a slow recovery, and I'm not there yet.

Because I was unable to tolerate exercise, I ended up regaining most of the 30 pounds I worked so hard in 2013 to lose and all of 2014 to maintain.

Last year at the holidays I was a real mess. My sister-in-law, a nurse, found a functional medicine doctor in our part of the state who claimed to be having success in treating autoimmune diseases.

The 8-month program of a strict organic detox diet, with oxygen-assisted brain-based exercise was very expensive and my last resort. I had a wonderful return to health.

But there's no cure for fibromyalgia, and after 7 months I couldn't stomach another green smoothie. As soon as I went back to eating ordinary food (even good healthy food), I started regaining weight and the pain returned.

Last month I went back on the diet, with a detox supplement. I'm back within 5 pounds of my 2013/2014 weight. I tried resuming my workouts at Curves, but was unable to tolerate exercise. I can't work out anymore. LYRICA has left me an invalid. Seriously. I should probably be in a wheelchair by now. Instead I hobble around in pain.

So, I'm back --- would have been back sooner but was unable to get into my blog via my old computer. I'll try to catch up on what else has been happening in my life in the coming winter months --- because life, such as it is, goes on.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear all this! I quit my blog before graduation last year even though I tries to keep it up the last three months. I hope you have something else to keep your artistic mind occupied. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thing I have email notification cos I never come to this blog anymore. Vicki hoe are you?!!! I've been to your blog too, and didn't find you at home.

      You graduated! Not that I ever had a doubt about it. I hope you're working in the field and everthing'great. Thanks for stopping by. Maybe I'll do another update soon. Lov n peace!

      Delete
    2. Good grief CC!

      That's "how" --- not "hoe!"

      Delete
  2. UPDATE: Happy New Year 2021. I hope my "fans" Emily and Vicki see this. I can no longer access my blogs, but I can comment.

    2020: It's been a TOUGH year for everyone. Personally, I lost a beloved niece to a senseless drunk-driver accident in November. How do you get over that??? I'm still grieving for her dear family.

    And this year fibromyalgia has claimed my marriage. Such heartbreak there too. I've lost everything I've blogged about these past years: husband, home, family. Gone, after 37 YEARS of what I thought was a marriage that would endure til death do us part.

    I understand, when I look back at these posts, and how much pain I've been through. Year after weary year. Year after lonely year --- that gulf of pain just widened and we drifted farther apart.

    The true test of LOVE is when a spouse hangs in there to the very end, in sickness and aging as well as in health and youth, good looks and good times. The spouse with the grace and humility to still love you when you're old and laid up and you've gained weight and lost most of your hair, because he or she is no spring chicken either.

    "Baby, baby, baby...where did our love go? You don't want me, you don't want me no more..."

    (Enough said on that subject.)

    We've been in one of those weather patterns that just won't give up. Six days, and each day the pain will go on, and get worse, and if the sun don't shine soon, I'll be unable to get out of bed and just lay there wailing in my lonely distress. Can't bend down enough to load my dishwasher or get something out of the freezer drawer of my fridge. Unable to change the sheets on my bed. Way too painful to try to go on a walk; too hazardous to attempt a shower. (sigh)

    AND THE BEAT GOES ON....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you still use your blog? Wanted to check in with you? Hadn't heard from you since we talked a little about Megan.

    ReplyDelete