Wednesday, November 21, 2012

You Read It Here First!

I never thought I'd see the day!
I (and everyone I know)
grew up on them.
But by now, everyone knows 
that the Hostess corporation is history.
  
WHAT? No more TWINKIES?
DING DONGS  gone?
No HOHOs for Santa this year?
WHAT will people DO?

I probably won't do anything.
Hoarding is already over by now.
Store shelves are bare.
I don't like the sugary confections
Anyway, so this is a non-event for me.
There are bigger, maybe better, things
just around the corner.

Give us this day our daily treats.
We're gonna find them anyway ---
Don't you dare hide them.
And don't you be raising prices 
on everything else 
to make up this shortfall 
in profits either.

This is the day before Thanksgiving,
and I'm so big-time thankful 
it's at somebody else's house.
I only need to put together
a collosal batch of green bean casserole,
in the morning and we're good to go.

Oh, and a secret batch of Lil Turtle Yummies, 
for the hosts, if I can stay out of the Rollos.
I bought two bags of the special pretzels I need, 
and two bags of Rollos, one of which
I've already clawed into.

So, not to change the subject, but do you like pop-tarts?  I don't, especially. They're OK.
My husband often eats them for a quick break -fast, so there are usually some around.

I toasted me an unfrosted brown sugar variety, 
and put it face down on a plate.
Then I laid 4 unwrapped Rollos on those toasty -hot backs and let the candy melt. This is Finger-Fun Food, fans!
With a clean fingertip, push those Rollos around, painting melted chocolate with them,
sculpting stringy blobs of caramel,
and making a yummy hot frosting 
on an other-wise bland snack-treat.

I can see this going viral.
In my opinion 
(the final authority on the matter),
the combination of melted Rollos 
on toasted pop-tarts
beats S'mores hands down.
But then again,
I never did care for marshmallows.

No comments:

Post a Comment