Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Wolf Pup's Gone!

We sold our little Wolf Pup camper today. Sold it back to the dealer two years after we bought it. I'm kind of sad, but in my condition, I can no longer enjoy camping.  It's a three-ring circus when you're stuffed in there with an enormous German Shepherd.  And the getting-ready, the getting-there, the setting-up, the tearing-down, and the getting-back are all so much work. It'll be easier to just go to a pet-friendly motel.

My dream has always been to spend a year or two on an extended road trip all over the U.S. That's what I expected we would do when my husband retired.  But he's not interested in an adventure like that. He'd rather camp at the nearest lake and fish.

We got the Wolf Pup in May of 2010.  We went camping about three times that summer. Last summer, I think we went once or twice --- it was so darned hot. But this summer was the Summer to Burn All Summers, and we only went camping once.  So the camper's only been used a half a dozen times.  We can't camp in the spring (planting season) and we can't camp in the fall (harvest), so there's not much use to have a camper. And having it set out in the weather year-round wasn't doing it any good. We're better off to let it go while it's in excellent condition and pay off the loan.

But I'm still sad.  I loved that little camper!

No comments:

Post a Comment