Monday, September 3, 2012

We Got It!

Isaac arrived with gentle rains on Friday afternoon, but sometime during the night we felt his wrath. When I went to the garden in the morning, I was shocked! Everything, including those beautiful sunflowers had been crushed to the ground by the storm.

I feel real compassion for those who lost much more than just a garden in this hurricane. I'm willing myself to keep this in perspective, because that's the garden I nurtured all summer, in spite of my pain. It represented life to me. It would be easier to retreat to a dark space and sulk.

But I still have my hummingbirds...

Just as it is in real life, where you sometimes have to look hard for that silver lining, you'll have to look hard for these two hummingbirds. Or maybe not. They're the blurs at the top of the photo.  One hummingbird is actually flying upside down trying to stab the other one! If they'd only co-operate with each other, there'd be food for all. Watching them reminds me of humans and wars... it's supposed to soothe me!


No comments:

Post a Comment