Friday, March 1, 2013

Hug a Horse

Wisconsin Concrete Park, Phillips, Wisconsin

Today is
NATIONAL HORSE PROTECTION DAY!
so
GO HUG A HORSE!

I just wish I could! Sometimes I miss my horses so much.  Sure, I didn't ride them --- I was afraid somebody might get hurt! But I loved spending hours with them: brushing them and petting them and watching them (I loved to see them run!)... heck I even liked the way they smelled.

I was lucky. Early in our marriage, my husband and I had a couple of broodmares and raised several Arabian foals. But we didn't want to be backyard breeders, and getting into the horse show circuit just cost too much. So we eventually phased out the horses, and their stalls were turned into a bike shop for our son (from ages 12-21) and their beautiful pasture was all tore up to make a motocross practice track.  Another money-pit of a hobby!

1 comment:

  1. my niece loves horses too, so I wonder what she'll be when she grows up. She's arty like her Aunt Vicki, so who knows.

    ReplyDelete