Thursday, March 14, 2013

What to Do...What to Do...?

I've been emailing back & forth with the woman who would like me to paint four miniature fruit studies for her. 8x8. OMG!!!! I've never had such a difficult assignment!  

She's very specific about what she wants in the way of color coordination with her kitchen & living room, thick brush strokes, lots of color (but not primary colors) and rich texture, etc. 

She's shown me some samples she found on Etsy.  It's not the way I paint. I love a challenge, but I don't like to be pinned down so much with someone else's ideas and details.

I told her last night I'd do one sample (since they're so small), no obligation. Now, I'm not so sure... is this going to be a good experience or a pain in the ass? I'm half-tempted to tell her I don't think I can do it the way she wants it. But... the tin box with the red roses on top turned out okay and the people liked it. I was dismayed by that project as well, not having the artistic freedom to do what I wanted. But it turned out okay.

Oh, and I did manage to work out a price list, and she was okay with it. 

What to do? What to do?

1 comment:

  1. I say do the sample and see what she says, then you can decide if you'll be able to follow through or not. good luck!

    ReplyDelete