Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Day Three

This is Day Three of My Damn Cold!  Don't get too close, I may still be contagious!

It all started when Rich got home from his annual fishing trip to Mississippi in the middle of March. When he got back, he came down with a real doozy of a cold. After 7 days, and getting no better, he went to the doctor, who gave him an antibiotic for his sinus infection and some cough medicine (the REAL kind that actually helps). Ten days later, he's wondering if he's completely well. Still not up to par. Hopefully he won't have to go on a second round of antibiotics.

All winter (from Christmas onward) I was scared to death I'd get that awful flu that wasn't covered in the flu shots this year (which, BTW, I don't believe in, refuse to get, and am instinctively afraid of) or that equally horrendous stomach virus that was going round. So I stayed home ALL winter!  Rich did my shopping for me. (Remember, I suffer from fibromyalgia, so I'm in horrible pain all over my body more times than not.) I stayed away from crowds and gave up my expectation that I deserve to eat a meal in a restaurant at least once a week.

And then my husband goes and brings a cold home to me. The incubation time for a cold is from 2-5 days. After all this time (17 days), I was hopefully optimistic that I wouldn't catch his cold. But I guess there are enough of his cold germs still around to take me down.

Gee, CC!  What a fascinating topic to blog --- now GET WELL!  You don't have time for this!

2 comments:

  1. yes! Get well! You don't have time for this!
    I hate getting sick. Sending good vibes your way, hope they penetrate the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow was gone in a matter of days, Vicki. We've just endured 5.5 inches of rain this week. And it's still cold! Damn that Puxatawney Phil! We're gonna go straight from winter to summer this year. Ugh!

    Oh, and I'm almost well. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete