Tuesday, January 1, 2013

WIP - Ripe Red

Here's today's work. When I say that, I don't mean I painted 8 hours. I might sit and look at it eight hours though. LOL. Actually I tend to paint about 3 hours at a time, take a break, go back later, when it's dry.

I'm working in acrylic, which dries faster than I like.  I love to blend on the canvas, while the paints are still wet.
I think I'm much better painting in oils, but I just can't stand how messy they are.

Next, I'll be working to finish the vines, leaves, and wires. I'm about 75-80% finished at this point. I don't know why I left those leafy things on the tomato so long at the top. I'll need to do some damage control up there. Also, the vines have tiny hairs sticking out all over. I don't know if I have a brush that small.

I like taking pictures of the different steps and putting them on my computer screen. It helps me identify places that need more work.


No comments:

Post a Comment