Friday, July 5, 2013

My Achy-Breaky...

Monday morning, I came running out of the house, late for physical therapy, and did a face-plant in the yard. We have an old rug at the bottom of the porch steps, to wipe feet on. Over the years, it's grown a coat of slippery moss, and my feet went out from under me. I landed on my left knee, left shoulder and forehead, in that order. 

I layed there bawling for a minute or two, trying to decide on whether or not to go on to therapy. I had a dirty, skinned knee, but otherwise I felt ok.  So I picked myself up and went to PT.

Tuesday I could barely move any part of my body. My whole upper left arm was covered in blackish-purple bruises, and I'm sure I got whiplash from landing on my forehead. Anyway, I called in and canceled Wednesday's appt. Both Tues & Wed I had a bad headache.

Wed. I attempted my home exercises and stretches as best I could. Yesterday (Happy Belated 4th of July!) I was able to finally do my full workout --- but all day long, whenever I would walk, I'd get those painful glitches in my right hip.

So I felt like it was back to square one when I reported to PT today.

1 comment: