Thursday, May 9, 2013

Hello, Little Darlin'






I woke up this morning and stumbled into the kitchen to make coffee --- and I just about jumped outta my skin!  Scared the living daylights outta me! There was this cute little froggy sitting in a puddle on a plate in the sink looking up at me. Where did he come from???

See, this is a bad habit I picked up from my Auntie Almeda many years ago when I was a kid. She loved to have big feasts for the family, but she refused to do the dishes afterwards and wouldn't allow anyone else in her kitchen to clean up either. She said she had all day tomorrow to do the dishes. We'd just clear the table and sit back and drink beer and visit. (Miss you, Auntie!)

I'm the same way.  Fixing supper is hard enough work. I can always do the dishes in the morning when I'm feeling more energetic. So I usually stack them in the sink for an overnight soak.

We had spaghetti last night. Wonder how our little friend liked the sauce! (I know, this is kinda gross!)

2 comments:

  1. yeah, wow, how did he get in there? looks like he'd be good with sauce though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my guess is he came up through the drain. Or maybe he was carried in, in a mushroom sack. Scared the p-water outta me!

    ReplyDelete