Friday, June 6, 2014

Goodbye, Good Friends

On Sat. April 26th, I just hung around the casita, packing and resting. I dreaded that two day drive home so much.  And I just hated leaving the magical place that is Taos. Most of all, I hated saying goodbye to my new friends, the Jordans.

On Thursday evening the four of us had gone to see another movie.  This time it was "God's Not Dead." It's the story of a college student who takes on his atheist professor (Kevin Sorbo) in a debate about the existence of God. Very moving and thought-provoking film, produced by Willie & Korie Robertson. I hope the Duck Dynasty people will continue to produce good family films like this one.

Saturday evening, the Jordans took me out to dinner at one of their favorite restaurants, the very rustic and delicious Ranchos Plaza Grill, next door to San Francisco de Asis Church in Rancho de Taos. 

We'll continue to keep in touch, I'm sure. (Why didn't I think to take a picture of them? I took enough pix of everything else!) Jerry and Marilyn and Harwede are the most welcoming and genuine people I think I've ever met. It's been many decades since anyone made me feel as special as they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment