Saturday, June 14, 2014

New Painting - "Lake Watch"

"Lake Watch" (Ring-Billed Gull, Wisconsin shore of Lake Superior)

Here's my latest painting.  It's from the "Postcards from the Heartland" series. It's called "Lake Watch." It comes from photos I took while on a road trip to Lake Superior in 2007.  I started painting it last year, but had to put it away because I was having problems with it.  Now that I'm working on my "Two Weeks in Taos" series (Hey! I'm painting again!  Yea!), I decided to dig it out of storage and finish it.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh its beautiful?! I love it!
    We are going to be moving, buying a house, etc. in the fall.
    I will have to buy a painting from you for our new house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you W2WBooks! I appreciate the thought and the encouragement. I'm glad to be painting again, after a long dry spell.

      Delete
  2. I would really like to learn to paint as well as you. I guess I just don't practice enough....maybe on my summer break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicki! Do you have some paints & brushes? Just paint with abandon! Enjoy yourself (as you're so good at doing!) and maybe find a ptg. class if you don't want to paint alone. :o)

      Delete