Sunday, May 4, 2014

Come On In, Outta the Snow!

There was a really lovely bedroom upstairs in the loft, with a queen size bed, but I couldn't use it because the stairs up there were too steep and narrow. This ole gal has to get to the bathroom pronto-pup when the urge hits in the middle of the night. Not practical for me.


Here is my fireplace.  I just loved it at night, because 
I slept downstairs on a hide-a-bed couch.  I appreciate so much that Jerry and Marilyn pulled it open and put a thick foam pad on it, then made it up for me as a bed.  It was very comfortable, and watching my fire, listening to it snap, crackle and pop, smelling its woodsy aroma --- I was snug as a bug in a rug, let me tell ya!

Painting by Jerry Jordan, Taos, NM
The artwork on the fireplace wall is part of the Jordan's private art collection of works by other artists.  But did I tell you, Jerry's an artist too!  Here is a 4 foot by 5 foot painting of his favorite subject, the Indians at Taos Pueblo.

Painting by Jerry Jordan, Taos, NM

But the Jerry Jordan painting that really stunned me was this deer nibbling dogwood.  I think it's also 4 foot by 5 foot (larger than life size), and whenever I was in the cabin (not often!), I found myself staring for long periods of time at its beauty. On the other side of the wall is the kitchen, with the bathroom visible through the doorway. Off to the right are the steps that lead to the bedroom upstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment