Friday, May 2, 2014

Welcome to Taos!

I've always wanted to go to Taos, New Mexico. 
Forget Chicago or New York City! 
Taos, to me anyway, is THE art capital of the U.S.  Taos IS art, period! Exclamation point!

The Jordan Cabin, Taos, NM (April 2014)

Through the Taos Travel website, I chose a beautiful log cabin to stay in my first week.  I would have preferred to have stayed there the entire 2 weeks, but it was booked my 2nd week, so I sadly moved on to a different scene altogether.

Most places in Taos are adobes.  This beautiful, authentic log cabin dates from the 1850s and was originally built near Kansas City, MO.  It was disassembled, with the logs being marked and labeled, and transported to Taos, where it was reconstructed on two beautiful, secluded acres in Talpa, just south of Taos. A modern kitchen and a gorgeous loft bedroom upstairs were then added.

The current owners, Jerry and Marilyn, recently added a lovely, modern bathroom to the cabin, making it THE most awesome vacation rental I've come across in my many years of travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment