Sunday, May 18, 2014

Museum-Going

I bought a museum ticket when I first got to Taos.  For $25 you were admitted to the 5 major museums in town. The ticket is good for one year (hope I can return next winter), and if you only visited three of the museums, you broke even on the price.

I visited the Millicent Rogers Museum for a couple hours between my move from the Jordan Cabin to my bed and breakfast. I didn't know if photos were allowed inside, so I left my camera in the truck. But I did get a shot of this unusual Christmas tree sculpture, in the parking lot before I left, made from old horseshoes.


 On my last last day in Taos, I toured the Fechin House Museum.  I had been invited by Jerry, during my first week in Taos, to an evening art talk there, about the history of this great artist of Old Taos. Behind those unusual windows upstairs is a beautiful bedroom, which might have been his art studio.


(I'll come back to this page later, when this project is complete, to add more details about these wonderful museums.)

No comments:

Post a Comment