Friday, May 9, 2014

I Got the Blues

This is the Jordans' home next door to the cabin.  The blue gate is the side entrance to their large adobe-walled patio.

I had a wonderful time with the Jordans. Jerry invited me to an art talk at the Fechin House Museum one evening.  A couple other evenings they invited me over for dinner. Such genuine hospitality!



But all too soon, I had to leave my new friends behind and move to my second week's rental, the American Artists Gallery House Bed & Breakfast. 

If you like funky, wacky, zany, this place might be just what you're looking for. It's famous for its gourmet breakfasts, all you can eat!  But I'm a solitaire, so eating every morning with 9 or more other people at a noisy table wasn't the best choice for me. 

The owners had a "walk-on" peacock, George and numerous stray cats that had made their home here.  George had escaped his previous home and took up residence here 10 years ago. He was the highlight of every breakfast, being let out for the day from his roost in the utility room.  He'd put on quite a dance for the delighted guests.


I'm sorry I forgot to take a picture of my little casita which set off by itself in a corner of the property. It was one room with a bed and kiva fireplace and a small bathroom with the most vigorous shower I've ever enjoyed!  Here is a little piece of old coyote fence that happened to be leaning against my casita, almost lost in the jungle. 



All about the exterior of the property were little surprises to happen upon, if you weren't racing off to the ski slopes, spas, or shopping after break fast.  

I really liked this little pony head atop one of the adobe walls. 

I also loved the tiles that made up the picture of Don Quizote (below).



Yes, I'm afraid I  did... I got the blues when I left the Jordan cabin and moved to town. This was a place to sleep in and a place for a great breakfast, but I simple got the blues that Saturday night when I moved in at AAB&B.  Maybe I was homesick. 

Well, things were to get worse before they got better!

No comments:

Post a Comment