Wednesday, May 14, 2014

On the Road Again

Funky decor at my bed and breakfast.
After a day of miserable desolation, during which I felt like bashing my head into the wall, over & over, I finally stopped crying and decided I wasn't going to let my disaster ruin my vacation.  The photographer who would be taking me on photo tours later in the week would have a spare camera I could borrow, or I could buy a cheap point-and-shoot at Walmart.

At breakfast on Monday morning, I met a couple from Denmark, just passing through. They were a photo-journalism team from a Danish magazine, touring America on assignment. When I told them what had happened to my camera, she (the photographer of the team) asked to see my camera.

"Well, honey, your camera's not broken.  Your CF card is just full."

DUH! Sure enough, I slipped in a spare camera card I had and voila! I'm back in business.  My first tour was scheduled for Wednesday morning.



Having nothing to do that day, I decided a road trip was in order.  On the map, Colorado looked really close --- it wasn't! --- so I drove towards the border.  After 4 hours I was barely into Colorado and decided I'd better turn back.  


At this scenic overlook, as I was crossing this crusty patch of snow, I broke through into a rivulet of melt-water and really jacked my back! But the shot was worth it and the view was breath-taking!

It was an enjoyable trip and the perfect day for it.  I went up into higher elevation, where I found snow and huge mountain ranches like on the old TV show, Bonanza, and evergreen trees. A totally different environment than that found around Taos.

No comments:

Post a Comment